The Executive Director is responsible for the operations of the Professional Arts Coalition of Edmonton and is responsible for implementation or support of the policies and procedures approved by its Executive Planning Council. The Executive Director reports to the Executive Planning Council and works closely with both its Board Chair(s) and its Committee Chairs.
This is a part-time annual contract with a stipend of $20,000 per annum, with an estimated time commitment of 15 hours per week. The contractor is expected to work from a home office.
The Executive Director is responsible for strategic, programme, and project support, financial and budgetary development and management, administration, staffing, and contracts.
The Executive Director is responsible for oversight of the administration of the Mayor’s Celebration for the Arts.
Strategically, the Executive Director will contribute and assist in the facilitation of the strategic objectives of PACE.
Qualifications and Expertise
• Demonstrated successful experience with volunteer non-profit board governance
• Experience with the arts and with cultural industries
• Experience interacting with elected officials, senior appointments of arts organizations, and business leaders
• Experience in external and internal advocacy and communications
• Understanding of the Edmonton arts sector
• Strong planning and budgetary skills, with attention to timeliness, accuracy, concision, and relevance
• Familiarity with accounting software
Please submit your resume in confidence to: email@example.com by December 31, 2014. Please note that only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.