EMPLOYER PROFILE – www.productioncanada.com
Production Canada is a theatrical and live event scenery fabrication shop and production company. We design and build for a variety of organizations across the country for theatre companies and corporate clients. We offer complete design and fabrication services in steel, aluminum, wood, painting, laminate etc.
Our company is built around a policy of hard work, fun and respect shared with both staff and clients.
– Four years of professional experience with a theatre company or production shop
– Extensive knowledge of woodworking tools and scenery construction methods
– Ability to read construction drawings
– Must have a valid driver’s license and own vehicle
– Welding experience a benefit
– Knowledge of CAD and drafting
JOB DESCRIPTION and RESPONSIBILITIES
– Construction of scenic elements under the direction of the shop supervisor
– Setting up scenic elements in venues and at events
– Leading and directing local crew support at event setups
– Loading and driving trucks (standard 24’ @ 5-ton)
– Interacting in a friendly and responsible manner with clients and other staff.
HOURS AND SALARY
Regular shop hours range from 8am-6pm, but we operate a flexible production schedule to accommodate as much as possible the needs of staff. Our shows setup at all hours of the day and night, and a flexible schedule is required and appreciated.
Remuneration based on skills and experience per hour based on a 40hr work week.
Please send your 1 page resume and a cover letter via email to [email protected] Deadline to apply: January 16, 2015.