The Pumphouse Theatre, one of Calgary’s leading performing arts organizations for 40 years, provides affordable, professional quality facilities and services to Calgary’s cultural community and fosters development through arts education programming is seeking a Book Keeper / Finance Manager. This is a Part-time position approximately 1 – 2 days (8 to 16 hours) per week.
The Pumphouse is now seeking to add a critical role to our management team. Reporting directly to the Executive Director and liaising with the Board and senior managers the Book Keeper / Finance Manager will lead the financial accounting, corporate reporting (GST, Charitable Returns, corporate filings), and HR related functions of the organization. This person will share in the overall strategic and operational management of the Pumphouse Theatre. Functional aspects will include leadership to and management of:
- Budgeting and forecasting (Operations and Capital)
- Financial analysis and reporting
- Banking and investment management
- Financial policies/procedures and systems review
- External audit, corporate reporting relations (incl. government & donor reporting compliances)
- HR management functions & policy development (incl. payroll, benefits administration, government remittances & reporting)
Ideal Candidates Possess
- A post-secondary degree in business or related field, or a professionally recognized accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA), or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- A minimum 5 years financial management experience (preferably with non-profits) and possess a high degree of technical expertise in accounting and financial management.
- Excellent communications, organizational / strategic planning, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of computers, networking skills as well as competency in the use of Microsoft Office software. Experience and proficiency with Simply Accounting Pro is a requirement.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward a cover letter and resume (including three professional references), and stating compensation expectations:
Book Keeper / Finance Manager Search
Pumphouse Theatres Society
2140 Pumphouse Avenue SW
Calgary, AB T3C 3P5
Email: [email protected]
This position will remain open until filled. The Pumphouse wishes to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.