Deadline extended to December 19th!
Call for Designers
SkirtsAfire, herArts Festival is a new Multi-Disciplinary Arts Festival that features the work of women and takes place in Edmonton’s newest Arts district, Alberta Avenue. SkirtsAfire creates a platform for Canadian women’s stories presented in theatre, music, dance, visual art, comedy and spoken word. Artists and audience come together to share in these powerful, moving, insightful and entertaining performances and exhibitions.
Competition Rewards and Opportunities
• 6 chosen skirts will be presented to the public at the media launch for the festival in a runway display. The first, second and third place winners of the competition will be announced at the end of the media launch after being judged by a panel of celebrity judges.
• The 6 chosen skirts will be displayed in our Cabaret Space at The Alberta Avenue Community League throughout the Festival.
• A cash prize will be awarded to each of top three chosen designers.
3rd – $75
• The winning design will receive publicity as it is featured with our Honorary Skirts for 2015. *
*There will likely be other opportunities to showcase the winning skirt as we aggressively promote the Festival.
Design Competition Guidelines
• A visual rendering must be submitted with the application to be considered for the SkirtsAfire Skirt Design Competition.
• Skirts can be made out of any found materials.
• Skirt should attempt to incorporate the theme of the 2015 SkirtsAfire Festival
“Finding the magic in the mundane”
If the Skirt is chosen to participate in the festival;
• You must provide a model to present your skirt for the official Judging at the Media Launch on February 23rd.
• A mannequin or other form must be included to display the skirt in the Cabaret Space in the Alberta Avenue Community League.
• Judges will be scoring each Skirt out of 25. A maximum amount of 5 points will be awarded to each criteria: creativity, execution, up-cycling elements, use of theme and overall rating.
Fill out the attached application and send it to Competition Coordinator Nyssa Beairsto at Nyssa.Beairsto@gmail.com. Deadline extended to December 19th!
For more information about SkirtsAfire, and to see photos from previous years, check out our website at www.skirtsafire.wordpress.com