The Pumphouse Theatres has presented the Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival (with the Alberta Drama Festival Association) for over 30 years and we are please do so again! Registration will open on December 17th @ noon for 12 spots on a first-come, first-serve basis. The Festival will be held March 25 – 28, 2015.
One play is chosen by a professional adjudicator to represent Calgary at the Provincial One Act Festival. Each of those chosen plays receives traveling expenses or a grant to assist in funding their participation in the Provincial Festival.
- All registrations must be submitted in person with a completed registration form and a $60 non-refundable registration fee.
- The performing group is responsible for royalty payments. A letter confirming permission from the publisher or playwright must be included.
- A clean copy of the script must be included. Photocopies will only be accepted for an original script.
- Make cheques payable to the Pumphouse Theatres Society.
- Participants who are members of CAEA, ACTRA, or IATSE are not eligible to participate in their professional vocation.
- Plays must be one act in length. Performances between 10 and 60 minutes. No excerpts.
- Each group is responsible for supplying its own technicians for stage management and light and sound operation. We can provide training to operators.
- Each show must be set up in 10 minutes and struck in 5 minutes.
- Casts shall be predominantly adult and from CALGARY.
Awards & prizes presented for: Outstanding Production, Outstanding Director, Outstanding Female/Male Actor, Outstanding Technical Merit, and Outstanding Original Script!
Registration for the Calgary Region One Act Play Festival
at the Pumphouse Theatre (2140 Pumphouse Ave SW).
Starts Wednesday December 17 @ Noon
Registration will close when all slots are filled or by February 1st, 2015.
For more information including One-Act Play Festival rules and regulations, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.