Alberta Theatre Projects Job Posting: Education and Outreach Manager (Full Time, Permanent Position)
Our aim at Alberta Theatre Projects is to make life more beautiful by creating and producing great contemporary theatre from Canada and beyond. Our work is about what’s now, what’s new and what’s next. In the welcoming oval of the Martha Cohen Theatre, right here in Calgary, we stretch as deep as life, as wide as the world.
ATP is Calgary’s home for contemporary theatre and a national leader in play development. Now in our 41st year, ATP creates and produces great contemporary theatre from Canada and beyond, plays both recent and new that speak passionately, humorously, eloquently and inventively about the joys and contradictions of being alive right now.
Reporting directly to the Producer, the Education and Outreach Manager is responsible for:
• Coordination and execution of all Education and Outreach Programs/Events
• Writing and Creation of departmental materials for our stakeholders
• Maintain and Develop new relationships with Community partners
• Staff support on some EXCHANGE events
• Interaction/Coordination with all ATP departments with regards to Education & Outreach activities
• Overall database management, records keeping, reporting and filing
• Other duties as required (some evening and weekend hours)
The Successful Candidate shall possess:
• Strong interest in Education and Community relationships
• Strong organizational, interpersonal and project management skills
• Strong initiative, self-starter, ability to work with little supervision
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Comfortable speaking to and with members of our audience, individually or in groups
• Ability to excel in a strategic, action orientated and fast-paced, dynamic environment
• Excellent understanding of Microsoft platforms: Outlook, Word, Excel, Power point and Adobe Acrobat. Basic understanding of InDesign and Photoshop and Tessitura data management an asset
• Passion and knowledge of theatre and the arts an asset
• Related post-secondary degree, preferably in theatre and/or education
At Alberta Theatre Projects we are committed to a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best talent by encouraging applications from all qualified individuals including visible minorities, aboriginal people, and people with disability. Please email your resume and cover letter by December 5, 2014 to Dianne Goodman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to all applicants. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.