Do you have a passion for theatre, a great community spirit and a desire to promote arts within the Edmonton area? You just may be the new Artistic Director for Walterdale Theatre Associates. Now is the time to submit for the Artistic Director position for the 2015-2017 seasons. Please submit the following materials:
- A copy of your theatre résumé, highlighting your directorial experience both with Walterdale and in other theatrical settings as well as any other related experience.
- A Season Proposal (your concept) – including the following:
- Why you think these pieces would be a good shows for Walterdale to produce.
- Production requirements including budget considerations and special technical requirements while keeping in mind the audience and membership of Walterdale Theatre. Recently Walterdale Theatre has produced 6 productions a year including a slot for new work.
- A letter of interest expressing your desire to be Artistic Director, what strengths you bring to the position and what goals you would like to achieve in your time as Artistic Director.
- A letter of reference to support your direction and production experience (optional)
- Artistic References (optional)
Walterdale must meet the needs of a variety of people. The Artistic Director facilitates selection of the season each year including presenting their season to the board for approval, setting budgets for each production to be approved by the board, attending performances and other public events as well as public speaking, promotions, and a variety of other duties. The Artistic Director is also expected to attend board meetings, work on committees, and partner with members to bring forward ideas to enhance the experience of Walterdale’s membership, while helping to grow the theatres presence in the Edmonton Arts scene.
Applying Artistic Directors will have their application, letters and references reviewed by a committee from the Walterdale Theatre Board. Candidates should also expect an in person interview in late December 2014.
If you have any questions about applying for the Artistic Directing position, please contact Sarah Van Tassel at Walterdalead53@gmail.com
Submissions should be sent to the following:
Sarah Van Tassel, President
Submissions must be received by November 20, 2014. Late Submissions will not be considered.