Do you have hands on experience in large events and facility management? Do you have experience managing the financial and human resources necessary to execute the day to day activities of a theatre facility and 11 day, multi-venue festival? Are you an analytical and strategic thinker who values freedom of expression and individuality? If so, Fringe Theatre Adventures would like to hear from you.
Fringe Theatre Adventures
Fringe Theatre Adventures (FTA) is a not for profit company that produces the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival, presents a theatre arts season through the Arts at the Barns Presentation Series, and operates and manages the ATB Financial Arts Barns, by means of a balanced work environment, strong governance, and sound fiscal management.
Position: Operations Director
The Director of Operations is a senior management position within Fringe Theatre Adventures’ that manages all resources necessary for the operations, maintenance, and capital enhancement of the facility, season programming and Festival. This includes: managing operations staff and planning for all areas of business including the execution of the venues and site for the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival; overseeing production management for FTA programming; and executing revenue and operational strategies for the facility. In addition, this position is responsible for providing management support for the volunteer program. The Director of Operations must make critical and strategic decisions for the company as part of a management team and guide the operations department through the implementation of these decisions.
Reporting Relationships: Reports directly to the Executive Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Facility – ATB Financial Art Barns
• Hiring and supervising operations full time staff including: an Event Services Manager, Event Services Coordinator, Volunteer Manager, Technical Director and House Technician;
• Strategizing and implementing revenue strategies for the facility in conjunction with FTA’s mission and mandate;
• Managing facility and operational revenue and expenses;
• Overseeing, the provision and maintenance of the facility including service contracts;
• Ensuring quality of service for all events hosted at the facility including FTA’s own programming;
• Supervising the execution of lease agreements and invoicing pertinent to clients hosting at the facility;
• Strategizing and implementing capital replacement and improvement plans.
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
• Creating and executing a production plan for the Festival that includes: a site plan, operations plan, security plan, communication plan, waste management plan and venue plan;
• Hiring and supervising seasonal staff specific to the Festival in the areas of production, volunteer management, concessions, security, vendor administration, and waste management;
• Overseeing the management of the volunteer program and working with volunteers to address their operational needs;
• Overseeing the management of the vendor program and hiring the Vendor Coordinator;
• Managing budgets and tracking expenses relevant to Festival Operations activities;
• Liaising with the City of Edmonton and neighbors regarding site and venue.
• A post-secondary education or relevant experience working in large event and facility management;
• At least 5 years of experience in a supervisory role in production management or a senior management position;
• Proven strategist and leader;
• Able to manage a team effectively and work with volunteers;
• Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills;
• Able to prioritize and multi-task with conflicting deadlines and demands;
• Able to work independently and as part of a team of Directors;
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite is a requirement.
Hours of Work:
FTA’s standard work week is Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day/40 hours week. This position will require some evening and weekend work and availability during the key business period for the Festival (August). Time off in lieu is given for overtime worked.
Salary for this position is slated between $60,000 and $70,000 annually depending on experience, plus benefits and four weeks vacation.
Interested applicants are invited to apply immediately with a detailed resume and salary expectations to:
Jill Roszell, Executive Director, Fringe Theatre Adventures
10330 – 84 Avenue
Edmonton, AB T6E 2G9
Deadline: Position will remain open until filled
Please note: Interviewing will begin December 1, 2014 and will take place on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. If you are interested in this position, please apply early. Start date is negotiable.
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this posting, however, only applicants considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.