The Pumphouse Theatre, one of Calgary’s leading performing arts organizations for 40 years, provides affordable, professional quality facilities and services to Calgary’s cultural community and fosters development through arts education programming is seeking an Program Coordinator. This is a .75 FTE position (30-35 hours per week) with occasional evening and weekend work required.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director and liaising with the Executive Assistant and Technical Director, the Program Coordinator will coordinate all Camps and regular Fall, Winter, and Spring Classes, the annual One-Act Play Festival held at the Pumphouse Theatres, and the new lobby art gallery project. Functional aspects will include leadership and management of:
1. Drama Education Program:
a. Coordinate class & camp schedules, locations and staffing of educational programming.
b. Set-up and process Drama Class registrations and payments.
c. Instruct classes as needed.
d. Assist in the coordination of marketing and publicity for Drama Classes
2. Calgary Region One-Act Play Festival:
a. Coordinate submission calls/registrations
b. Liaise with Adjudicator, Participants, and Award Sponsors
c. Assist in the coordination of publicity
3. Lobby Art Gallery: Liaise with local visual arts organizations and coordinating Art Gallery load in, display, and strike.
4. Administration: Update the Pumphouse Theatre website and social media and perform other duties as assigned for the professional and efficient management of the Pumphouse Theatres Society
The successful applicant will:
• Possess a post-secondary degree in theatre and/or education, with a strong background in both.
• Be confident with technology: training is provided for all specialized software.
• Have some experience with marketing and publicity
• Have some experience in curriculum development and delivery
• Have experience supervising and leading a team and display strong communicative and interpersonal skills.
• Be focussed, independent, and efficient
To apply, please forward a cover letter and resume (including three professional references), no later than October 30 2014 @ 4pm to the attention of:
PTS Program Coordinator Search, Pumphouse Theatres Society
2140 Pumphouse Ave SW Calgary, AB T3C 3P5
The Pumphouse wishes to thank all those that apply, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone inquiries please.