Title: Patron Services Representative
Type/Term: Part-time, casual
Reports to: Marketing Associate
One Yellow Rabbit Performance Theatre (OYR), the producers of The High Performance Rodeo (HPR), is looking for a number of Patron Services Representatives to assist with box office and front-of-house operations for our seasonal programming and the High Performance Rodeo Festival – running January 7th to February 1st, 2015. You will be responsible for selling tickets, assisting volunteers, providing customer service, and overseeing patron services during OYR and HPR events. These individuals will work shifts as needed throughout the year, some late-nights and weekends may be required.
• Read and follow instructional notes provided on event details
• Provide exceptional customer service to all ticket buyers and festival patrons
• Ensure public spaces are presentable and organized appropriately prior to the arrival of patrons
• Follow proper cash handling procedures including reconciliation of cash, debit and credit card receipts post-show
• Liaise with venue front-of-house and/or technical staff to coordinate the opening and closing of the House when necessary
• Help with administrative tasks
• Provide event reports informing management of any issues
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience:
• Must possess strong customer service skills and a positive attitude
• Familiarity with traditional theatre protocol and etiquette
• Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, very busy environment
• Ideal candidates possess knowledge of a ticketing system such as Tessitura or Theatre Manager
Rate of Pay: $15/hour (Minimum 3 hour shift)
Send an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume by October 14, 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest in One Yellow Rabbit. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
About One Yellow Rabbit Theatre Association
Since 1982, One Yellow Rabbit (OYR) has been pushing artistic boundaries in the creation of original, innovative theatre and has become one of Canada’s best-known theatre companies. A resident company at the EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts and working out of the Big Secret Theatre, the award-winning One Yellow Rabbit Performing Ensemble creates original plays that are noted for their intricate physicality and originality.
OYR also produces the High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts – an annual event that animates the city in the cold of January with a sizzling array of live performances from around the world featuring theatre, music, comedy, dance, film, visual art and more. The High Performance Rodeo is a dazzling showcase of the best in contemporary performance.
OYR is a not-for-profit charitable organization with a vision to enrich society through stimulating, provocative and life-affirming performing arts. We create and present vital, surprising performance experiences that engage and reward our community.