We have recently been made aware that Colleen Dauncey & Akiva Romer-Segal, the Composers/Lyricists for the Stage West Pechet Family Musical Award nominated Bremen Rock City are from Calgary. Congratulations!
The current University of Alberta Department of Drama Lee Playwright in Residence, Colleen Murphy, has had her play Pig Girl nominated for the 2014 Carol Bold Award (full PGC news release below). Pig Girl received its World Premiere at Theatre Network in Edmonton in 2013. Congratulations!
PLAYWRIGHTS GUILD OF CANADA ANNOUNCES THE SHORT LISTS FOR ITS
2014 TOM HENDRY AWARDS
The short list for PGC’s Carol Bolt Award, as well as the Stage West Pechet Family Comedy & Musical Awards were released today by their respective juries:
CAROL BOLT AWARD – 2014 SHORT LIST
This award is given annually for the best work by a PGC-member that has premiered in the past year. JURY: Yvette Nolan (Chair), Jacob Zimmer, Glenda MacFarlane, and Brian Dooley.
- Sean Dixon (ON) for A God In Need Of Help,
- Matthew Heiti (ON) for Mucking In The Drift,
- Colleen Murphy (ON) for Pig Girl
STAGE WEST PECHET FAMILY MUSICAL AWARD – 2014 SHORT LIST
This award is given annually for a new musical work by a PGC-member, which has not yet had a premiere production. JURY: Jonathan Monro (Chair), Katrina Dunn, Joseph Trefler, and Bruce Ruddell.
- Sara Farb (ON) for Bremen Rock City (composer/ lyrics Colleen Dauncey & Akiva Romer-Segal),
- Amiel Gladstone & Veda Hille (BC) for Evgeni Onegin Project; and
- Lezlie Wade & Daniel Green (ON) for The Remarkable Journey Of Prince Jen
STAGE WEST PECHET FAMILY COMEDY AWARD – 2014 SHORT LIST
This award is given annually for a new comedy by a PGC-member, which has not yet had a premiere production. JURY: Elvira Kurt (Chair), Lib Spry, Caleb Marshall, and Camyar Chai.
- Jordan Hall (BC) for How To Survive An Apocalypse,
- Marcia Kash & Douglas E. Hughes (ON) for Something Fishy
- Lea Daniel & Gary Kirkham (ON) for Pocket Rocket
The winners for each award’s category will be announced at PGC’s Tom Hendry Awards Event on October 27th at 401 Richmond St. W, 6pm to 9pm. email@example.com or 416-703-0201
View the synopses of the shortlisted plays and bios of the jurors.