Title: Executive Assistant
Type/Term: Full-time, regular
Reports to: Managing Director
Join our dynamic team of arts professionals and contribute to the vitality of Calgary’s arts and culture sector. One Yellow Rabbit creates, produces, presents, inspires, challenges and entertains like no other.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Executive Assistant is a collaborative member of the OYR Team, providing support for all operations and activities, programs and projects including assistance with contracts, Board management, Festival production, Ensemble production and Summer Lab Intensive organization.
This is an entry-level position, which would be well suited to a recent graduate who is interested in furthering their knowledge of arts administration and in gaining hands-on experience in the not-for-profit cultural environment.
• Mail coding and distribution
• Database management including updates, invitations and all mail-outs
• Filing systems maintenance
• Assistance with tracking statistics
• Assistance with all grant applications and reporting for Public funding
• Scheduling and managing all board and executive meetings
• Attendance at Board meetings and management of board reports
• Box office and FOH duties as required
• Assistance with Daily reconciliation of all festival receipts
• Creation and distribution of artists hospitality packages
• Assisting the Marketing Associate in compiling information for festival guide
• Assisting with Social Media content creation and management
• Attendance of weekly staff meeting, minutes and managements of weekly reports
• Schedules appointments and maintains administrative calendars
• Makes travel arrangements for senior staff and visiting artists
• Working directly with Managing Director and bookkeeper maintains accounting files
• Makes bank deposits
• General administration and office duties
• Additional functions as required
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications, Experience:
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Knowledge and proficiency with MacOS based applications including MS-Office, MS
Excel and data base systems.
• Knowledge of Social Media platforms (Facebook, Twitter) and tools (i.e. Hootsuite).
• Knowledge of theatre operations, protocols, funding models and Equity requirements
would be an asset
• Experience working with a volunteer Board
• Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with deliberate speed and accuracy.
• Ability to exercise good judgment in recognizing scope of authority and protecting
• Must be able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Proactive approach, highly organized, conscientious and detail-oriented
• Approachable, professional and collaborative working style, demonstrating high levels
of trust and integrity
Remuneration includes competitive salary, group benefits, professional development and flex-Fridays throughout the year.
Interested in us? We’re interested in you!
Send an electronic copy of your cover letter and resume with salary expectations by October 09, 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest in One Yellow Rabbit. Please note only those
selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
About One Yellow Rabbit Theatre Association
Since 1982, One Yellow Rabbit (OYR) has been pushing artistic boundaries in the creation of original, innovative theatre and has become one of Canada’s best-known theatre companies. A resident company at the EPCOR CENTRE for the Performing Arts and working out of the Big Secret Theatre, the award-winning One Yellow Rabbit Performing Ensemble creates original plays that are noted for their intricate physicality and originality.
OYR also produces the High Performance Rodeo, Calgary’s International Festival of the Arts – an annual event that animates the city in the cold of January with a sizzling array of live performances from around the world featuring theatre, music, comedy, dance, film, visual art and more. The High Performance Rodeo is a dazzling showcase of the best in contemporary performance.
OYR is a not-for-profit charitable organization with a vision to enrich society through stimulating, provocative and life-affirming performing arts. We create and present vital, surprising performance experiences that engage and reward our community.