Theatre Calgary is one of Canada’s largest and most successful theatre companies with a mandate to create vital and insightful productions of plays from the Canadian and International repertoire. We are currently seeking a PART-TIME BAR SUPERVISOR to join our team.
Theatre Calgary’s bar provides attentive and positive service to create exceptional guest experiences. Each bartender’s primary objective is to showcase Theatre Calgary as one of Canada’s foremost professional non-profit theatres, by exemplifying the highest level of customer service.
Reporting to Event Services Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Supervising bar staff in the absence of the Event Services Manager
• Delegating and managing nightly restocking of bar inventory and supplies
• Assisting in event setup and strike, bussing, and wine service as needed
• Notifying the Event Services Manager of any guest(s) not satisfied with their experience
• Assisting with nightly cash-out and reporting all outages to the Event Services Manager
• Assist with the scheduling of bartenders and ensure that the schedule is up to date
• Ensure weekly timesheets are filled out and delivered to the Event Services Manager
• Must be 18 years of age
• Previous supervisor experience in a fast paced environment
• Flexible availability including evenings and weekends
• Current ProServ certification, or be willing to obtain within 30 days
• Have a positive and optimistic attitude and work well in a team
• Work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Able to safely lift and carry up to 20 – 25 pounds
• Be able to work unsupervised
• Cash handling experience
Theatre Calgary offers great evening hours, flexible schedules, and incredible perks! We are committed to a fun work environment and promote a positive work-life balance. Wage is commensurate with experience + nightly tips.
If you would like to join our team please forward your resume and cover letter in confidence by Sunday, October 5, 2014 to:
Event Services Manager
c/o Theatre Calgary
220 – 9 Ave SE
Calgary, AB T2G5C4
Theatre Calgary thanks all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.