In January of 2013, production, administration and artistic staff from a number of theatre facilities that offer rental space to outside clients met at the Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium to share their thoughts, experiences, and to discuss a variety of topics that included the advancing of shows, providing technical information to clients, managing client expectations, addressing staffing concerns, safety practices in the theater, and more. A second session was held in Calgary in early 2014. At each of these sessions, there was a resounding call for the conversation to continue.
Please join us at the ARDEN THEATRE, on September 29th 2014 for the first of many follow up discussions in the capital region.
Presented by: The Northern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium, CITT Alberta, The City of St. Albert Cultural Services. Hosted by the City of St. Albert at the Arden Theatre (5 St. Anne Street, St. Albert)
Monday September 29, 2014
1:00 – 1:30 Meet and greet coffee
1:30 – 4:30 Discussion
Informal reception after
This will be a facilitated discussion, with opportunities to discuss both predetermined topics generated from past discussions, and your requests as well as emerging topics that emerge throughout the day. If you have an idea, a question for the group or a topic suggestion please send us a note.
Topic list to date:
- Backstage and event security
- Front of House staffing requirements for renters
- Booking Software and systems
- Insurance and workers compensation – Truth, Myth and misunderstanding
- (Add your ideas here) Please come prepared to add to this list and remember that we want there to be relevant topics for Artists, Technicians, and facility / FOH / Guest Services staff, both as a group and in closed discussion.
Please send your RSVP to:
Cultural Facilities Manager | Cultural Services