The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time
Media Relations Manager
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Citadel Theatre Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- engaging in research and development of communications materials as required for engagement with internal and external stakeholders;
- participating in public events that promote Citadel Theatre objectives; liaising with broadcast, print and on-line media as required to further the communications objectives of the Citadel Theatre;
- managing the public relations and communications functions of the Citadel Theatre.
- Previous experience working in a professional public relations or media relations capacity in a multiple stakeholder environment is desired.
- Highly developed English language skills in both written and oral form, preferably with an applied knowledge of the use of English in a public relations and promotions context, are required.
- Previous experience writing formal reports, media releases, web content, as well as marketing and promotional materials
- Experience in poster and brochure design work using Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop, Fireworks, Flash Animation) software
- Experience using other software including WordPress, Microsoft Office applications (especially Word, Publisher, Excel, Powerpoint), video and audio creating and editing tools
- Experience with live theatre and an understanding of the inner workings of live theatre organizations
- A post-secondary degree particularly in Liberal Arts or Fine Arts
We offer a stimulating, developmental work environment, a competitive salary by cultural industry standards, as well as a good benefits plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources firstname.lastname@example.org
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.