Creative Producer wanted!
Urban Stories Theatre is looking for a Creative Producer to join our team for the 2014/2015 season. This is a volunteer position to help grow our company. UST works with local playwrights to workshop and produce homegrown talent. UST focuses on one act plays but longer or shorter scripts will be considered.
The Creative Producer will report to the Board of Directors and share leadership of the daily operations of the company with the Artistic Director, Helen Young.
Duties and responsibilities of the Creative Producer are as follows:
• Responsible for the financial, administrative, promotional, audience development and general management of the organization.
• Oversee audience development, marketing, public relations, and community outreach initiatives in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
• Participate in the development of artistic plans (annual and multi-year) to ensure the overarching objectives are represented.
The ideal candidate would:
• have strong communication skills and is adept at working with a variety of stakeholders.
• believe honest and sincere collaboration is a most valued quality.
• have leadership/management experience.
• pay attention to deadlines and be detail oriented
• have a passion for administration and business, and assist with annual planning processes.
• understand the importance of strategic planning and how it relates to administration and operations.
• have experience and knowledge of marketing, advertising, and public relations activities.
• have experience producing theatre.
• knowledge of Grant writing an asset.
Past experience in not-for-profit arts administration is preferable but not required.
This is a part time position with flexible work hours. Hours to be determined. Open until filled.
Send resumes to email@example.com attention Helen Young.