Annual Salary: $35,800 to $49,300
Status: Full time, continuing
What will be my key activities?
The English Theatre at Canada’s National Arts Centre is seeking a full-time Producing Coordinator, to be based at our venues in downtown Ottawa, Ontario. This is a rare opportunity to help develop and drive an ambitious agenda for the NAC and to support the vision of a strong national theatre for Canada. The English Theatre is currently engaged in a subscription-driven season of theatre across three primary stages, a ten-member national acting ensemble, a nationwide set of artistic partnerships under the banner of The Collaborations, a cycle of action-research projects called The Study, online theatrical spaces, dynamic programs for education, outreach and artist mentorship, and more.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working within a highly collaborative environment that includes artists, producers, marketers and educators amid the wider NAC, the English Theatre Producing Coordinator provides producing and other administrative support to the English Theatre Department. The successful candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for innovative producing methods that follow emerging trends in performance, and also for working within the Canadian Theatre Agreement. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: producing theatrical activities as directed by the Producer, creating and maintaining contracts, artistic company management, planning, liaising with marketing and production staff, prioritizing and fulfilling daily activities such as preparing meeting, co-ordinating the Managing Director’s schedule and co-ordinating all forms of daily correspondence. You will also be responsible for filing, payroll and maintaining inventory. An opportunity may exist to help guide and lead English Theatre’s education initiatives.
What are the required qualifications?
– Post secondary degree or equivalent in theatre or in a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience (or an equivalent combination of education & experience);
– Familiarity with, and deep interest in, the theatre industry landscape in Canada or another country;
– Strong verbal communication skills in English, and comfort speaking in front of crowds;
– Close familiarity with the Canadian Theatre Agreement and/or Independent Theatre Agreement;
– Strong sense for creative processes, and ability to anticipate and support the needs of theatrical artists and producers;
– Strong writing and outstanding proofreading skills in English;
– Computing skills including MS Office are required; proficiency with Adobe CS, social media and/or CSS is an asset;
– Ability to evaluate and manage priorities;
– Ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced, complex environment;
– Highly organized and able to coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously;
– Ability to maintain discretion and absolute confidentiality at all times;
– Experience and/or interest in arts education is an asset;
– Bilingualism is an asset.
Regular attendance at work is an expectation of employment and an essential part of every job.
Who can apply?
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens. Candidates invited to an interview will be responsible for all travel and accommodation expenses. If relocation is required, the successful candidate will be expected to pay for his/her relocation expenses.
As an employer who values diversity in its workforce, we encourage candidates to self-identify as members of the following designated groups: women, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
How to apply?
Please submit your application online through our website, under the Work and Volunteer with Us section at www.nac-cna.ca.
Deadline: August 25, 2014
CONNECT WITH US: