Please note: this is a one-year termed position to end in Fall 2015
At The Banff Centre, artists are celebrated for their unique and important role. Set amid the beauty of Canada’s oldest and most renowned national park, The Banff Centre offers an exceptional environment for creativity. Our programs put the artist’s needs above all else, offering tailored, nurturing support to every participating artist. The Banff Centre’s Music programs are dedicated to supporting emerging and mid-career artists, and to providing each participant with personalized and individualized artistic direction. The programs are unique in that they follow no pre-set curriculum — rather; they are supportive and flexible to the needs and goals of each individual participant allowing them the freedom to work at their own pace, on their own schedule, and on their own project. The output of the programs is a series of more than 100 events per year in genres ranging from classical music to jazz, and from singer songwriter to world music.
The Music department at The Banff Centre is looking for an experienced and organized Assistant Production Manager to join their high-functioning team in the delivery of the day-to-day production and stage management departmental needs. Working closely with the Production Manager and the programming staff, s/he will be assisting in the production planning process to ensure the smooth and efficient support for all Music programs and performances.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide input on the Music department’s production resources required (staff scheduling, facilities, and equipment) for all programs, concerts, and events.
- Liaise with participants and faculty on all day to day needs and production requests (including scheduling queries, equipment and facility requests etc).
- Manage the department’s facilities and equipment (A/V, instruments, production gear, audience chairs, stands, studio furniture etc.), including providing client support, monitoring inventory, and recommending maintenance/replacement
- Oversee the efficient running of rehearsals, concerts and programs, ensuring performance needs are met, musicians are present and ready, necessary equipment and staging requirements are ready, that house is prepared to open and that lighting and audio cues are prepared.
The Ideal Candidate
- Possesses some post-secondary education related to technical theatre training, as well as at least five years of production and/or stage management experience
- Has strong technical skills as related to computer programs, theatre staging, lighting, sound reinforcement and video production
- Knowledge of a production/facility management software such as Farmer’s Wife is considered an asset.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal, planning and communication skills
- Is an efficient multi-tasker with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
If this describes you to a “T” please submit your application along with your resume and a cover letter, explaining how your personality and experience match this opportunity, online via The Banff Centre careers website at www.banffcentre.ca/careers
Employment Terms & Benefits
In accordance with CUPE 4318, this is a unionized, termed, salaried support staff position, subject to a 6-month probationary period.
This position pays $3289.87 per month increasing to $3655.60 per month after a 6-month probation, working up to 40 hours per week.
Candidates offered a position with the Centre, in this capacity, will be required to obtain a criminal record check verifying a clear record before a final job offer can be made.
This position will be required to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends.
We will be accepting applications from Monday August 11th until Wednesday August 20th.