Nominate an Individual for the Greg Bond Memorial Award
Nominations are currently being accepted for the Greg Bond Memorial Award. Deadline for Submission: June 30, 2014.
This annual award is intended to honour the outstanding achievement by an individual—either for this season or for accumulated dedication or achievement—in musical theatre in Calgary. The award is made possible through the Toronto Community Foundation, and is presented by the Bond Family in memory of their son, Greg (1954–1989). Greg studied and worked in musical theatre across Canada, from Banff to Charlottetown as well as in Australia. His life was marked by a drive for professionalism, a talent for composition, and a desire to continually study, create and perform. He will be remembered for his positive attitude and his remarkable ability to give and engender respect from everyone whom his life touched.
Criteria for the Greg Bond Memorial Award:
– Preference will be given to those who reside in Calgary;
– Will have contributed to the profile of musical theatre in Calgary;
– Will have the qualities of: cooperation, self-discipline and work ethic;
– Areas of specialization may include, but are not restricted to: performance, musical direction, education, choreography, composition, instrumentalist;
– Is a professional in his/her field, and viewed as such by his/her peers.
The recipient will be chosen by a jury consisting of past recipients plus other industry professionals, as selected by the Betty Mitchell Awards Steering Committee. The successful nominee will receive a $1000 cash award and be recognized at the 2014 Betty Mitchell Awards.
Submit your nomination online at http://www.bettymitchellawards.com, or by submitting the materials to: email@example.com
The 17th Annual Betty Mitchell Awards | MONDAY, AUGUST 18, 2014
Doors 6pm | Buffet 6-7:30pm | Awards 7:30pm
Price: $60 for the first 150 tickets sold, $65 thereafter. Includes admission to the gala and official after party!
For tickets, contact the Stage West Box Office at 403.243.6642