Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that represents and serves more than 1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services, including:
• workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
• Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
• online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
• theatre news, advocacy, and publications
We require a highly motivated and organized Office Administrator to join our team. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• first point of contact for Theatre Alberta members and the general public
• overall office administration and management
• design and maintenance of membership databases
• member correspondence, retention, and recruitment
• maintenance of office computer network, hardware, and software
• liaising with vendors, instructors, and other contractors
• basic financial responsibilities including receipting revenue, tracking expenditures, and invoicing
• administrative support for programs and services, including fundraising initiatives
• administrative support to the Executive Director for day-to-day operations
• participation in Theatre Alberta’s overall strategic mission and direction
Applicants should be enthusiastic about theatre, enjoy dealing with people, and able to work independently and as a team player. Excellent written and oral communication skills, computer skills, and a working knowledge of the theatre industry are required. Previous work in the charitable sector and/or a member services organization will be considered an asset.
This is a full-time position with benefits located in Edmonton. Due to the nature of Theatre Alberta’s work and programs, some evening/weekend hours and travel may be required. Our office environment is supportive and positive with some degree of flexibility. Position to commence July 28, 2014. Salary range $32,000 – $35,000.
By June 25, 2014, please forward your resume with letter of interest highlighting qualifications to
Keri Mitchell, Executive Director. firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.