Thanks for your interest but this job has been filled.
Alberta Theatre Projects is seeking a Head Dresser for the 2014/15 season.
This is an annually renewable contract position, and specific work dates will vary by season. The 2014-2015 contract work dates take place between September 3, 2014 and May 3, 2015.
Job Description/ Duties
• Act as wardrobe running crew for all ATP productions.
• Oversee the set-up of all dressing rooms, quick-change booths and the layout of all costumes for all ATP productions.
• Ensure that all costumes and accessories are maintained and laundered and/or cleaned and establish a schedule for costume cleaning and maintenance.
• Maintain the wardrobe maintenance area and backstage wardrobe storage in a clean and safe manner.
• Act as liaison with Stage Management.
• Attend production meetings, staff meetings, technical rehearsals, and note sessions as scheduled.
• Read all scripts for ATP productions prior to the first day of build.
• Interpersonal skills are essential to the position and we will require a person with strong oral and written communication competence.
• Excellent organizational ability.
• Excellent knowledge of fabrics and experience in maintenance requirements.
• Detailed knowledge in hair and wig styling and maintenance.
• Theatrical makeup/ prosthetics experience is an asset.
• Knowledge of basic wardrobe construction.
• Stitching experience an asset.
• Understanding of Health & Safety compliance and the ability to promote a positive team environment in the workplace is essential.
• Competent in excel and word processing software programs.
Alberta Theatre Projects is one of Canada’s leading contemporary theatres. We are in residence in the Martha Cohen Theatre (a 400 seat proscenium/thrust theatre) in the Epcor Centre for the Performing Arts in the heart of downtown Calgary, Alberta. We produce from September through May. Our season is busy; our workplace is dynamic; the work on our stage is exciting and wide-ranging in style, process and artistry. We’re seeking a great team member to help us achieve our artistic goals and take ATP into the future. Check out our website at www.atplive.com.
Working conditions and wage shall be governed by Collective Agreement with I.A.T.S.E., Local 212.
Thanks for your interest – this job has been filled.
Please send a letter of interest, an up-to-date CV, and a list of three references to: David Fraser, Production Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until a lead candidate can be identified and the position is filled. We thank all of those interested for applying however only those short listed for the position will be contacted for an interview.