CALGARY OPERA – PRODUCTION ASSISTANT JOB POSTING
Calgary Opera invites applications for the position of Production Assistant for the 2014-2015 season. Reporting to the Director of Production, and under the supervision of the Technical Director, the Production Assistant provides required support in various aspects of production, administration, maintenance, facility, education, outreach, and event activities.
As assigned, the Production Assistant’s duties include:
• Provide production support for the Calgary Opera summer festival, Main Stage productions at the Jubilee, and Education and Outreach programming
• Set up, support and strike Calgary Opera rehearsals and events at the Arrata Opera Centre
• Act as primary site contact for renters of the Arrata Opera Centre with specific responsibility for basic lighting, video (projection) and audio requirements.
• Assist the Technical Director in the maintenance, operation, loan and rental of all Calgary Opera lighting, sound, video (projection), stage equipment and accessories.
• Administrative tasks
• Simple maintenance and janitorial tasks within the Arrata Opera Centre and warehouse
Applicants will have a Technical Theatre Diploma from a recognized Technical College or University, and experience working in a technical capacity in the theatre community. Must have a valid Alberta Driver Class 5 License and the ability to drive to drive a 5 ton Box truck (no air Brakes) would be an asset. The successful applicant must be self motivated with strong organizational skills and be able to work unsupervised.
This is a salaried position available immediately. Hours will be on a rotating weekly schedule and will be flexible with some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please send cover letter and resume with references to:
Bonni Baynton Sprague
Director of Production
1315 7 St SW
Calgary, AB T2R 1A5
Deadline for applications is May 31, 2014
Start Date for this application is June 16th, 2014 – start date is negotiable