Assistant Head of Audio
The Assistant Head of Audio assists the Head of Audio in the safe and effective operation of the audio department and the organization, installation, operation and maintenance of all audio equipment related to Citadel productions and presentations as well as tours, rentals and other events in the Citadel complex.
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Assist with the coordination of sound requirements for productions and rentals mounted at the Citadel Theatre.
• Assemble, construct, and edit music, sound effects, and soundscapes for playback.
• Perform sound design and special effect design functions when required.
• Program and/or operate sound consoles, automated audio control systems and playback devices.
• Operate shows as required.
• Support other activities as required.
• Highly organized, and detail oriented individual who displays a positive attitude
• Post-secondary education in a related field and a minimum of two years experience as a Sound Operator in a producing theatre
• Excellent computer skills with a special focus on Apple Systems
• Experience with programming and operating digital consoles
• Experience with Hard Disk playback systems (eg. SFX, LCS, Cricket)
This is a seasonal full-time position which usually runs from September to June.
Reply by June 8, 2014 via email to: email@example.com
This position works under a collective agreement between the I.A.T.S.E Local #210 and the Citadel Theatre
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Full benefits are available after the successful completion of a three-month probationary period. Only those persons chosen for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.