Urban Curvz Theatre is seeking a visionary and innovative individual to join its leadership team in the role of Managing Producer. This part time position has the potential to advance into a full time position as the company grows.
Urban Curvz was founded in 2005 with the goal of creating more professional productions that could provide female artists, both emerging and established, with engaging artistic opportunities. Urban Curvz’ mandate is to invest in and celebrate women’s perspectives, stories and experiences through the art of theatre and to advocate for an artistic ecology that recognizes the bravery and excellence of its female contributors. The company produces bold, award winning, and critically acclaimed theatrical work.
The Managing Producer will report to the Board of Directors and share leadership of the daily operations of the company with the Artistic Director, Jacqueline Russell.
Duties and responsibilities of the Managing Producer are as follows:
• Responsible for the financial, administrative, promotional, audience development and general management of the organization.
• Oversee all box office, audience development, marketing, public relations, and community outreach initiatives in collaboration with the Artistic Director.
• Participate in the development of artistic plans (annual and multi-year) to ensure the overarching objectives are represented.
As the ideal candidate:
• You have strong, confident, and compassionate communication skills and are adept at working with a variety of stakeholders.
• You believe honest and sincere collaboration is a most valued quality.
• You have leadership/management experience.
• You pay attention to deadlines and are detail oriented
• You have a passion for administration, logistics, business, and guiding an exceptional group of people through annual planning processes.
• You understand the importance of strategic planning and how good governance relates to administration and operations.
• You have experience and knowledge of marketing, advertising, and public relations activities, particularly as they relate to growing ticket and other earned income revenue.
• You have experience producing theatre.
• You are passionate about women, feminism and theatre.
Past experience in not-for-profit arts administration is preferable but not required.
This is a part time position with flexible work hours. Typically 10-15 hours per week, with additional hours when the company is in production.
How to Apply
Position to commence on July 1, 2014 (Flexible)
September 1, 2014 at the latest
Interested candidates are invited to email their résumé with a covering letter to:
Managing Producer Search Committee
c/o Christine Clements
The deadline for receipt of applications is
May 25, 2014.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in Urban Curvz Theatre, however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.