Archival Project Coordinator
Theatre Network, Edmonton
Theatre Network is seeking a dedicated and energetic student for a temporary full-time position as our Archival Project Coordinator. This position is for 14-weeks, from May 26 through August 29. It is funded in part through the Canada Summer Jobs program and as such, applicants must be 30 years of age or under and be continuing in a post-secondary institution.
About the position
As part of Theatre Network’s 40th Anniversary season, the Archival Project Coordinator will collect, catalogue and organize archival materials from Theatre Network’s past seasons and presentations of Nextfest for a comprehensive online archive documenting the company’s production history. The Archival Project Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Marketing Director and the General Manager. The Coordinator will also assist with Theatre Network’s general operations and administrative duties as needed during the weeks of the contract.
Duties of the position include:
– Collect and organize hard-copy materials from Theatre Network past seasons and Nextfest archives.
– Assist in the collection of archival materials from the existing Theatre Network and Nextfest websites.
– Digitization and online uploading of archival materials for Theatre Network and Nextfest.
– Posting/sharing of archival materials through online media including the Theatre Network website.
– Copy-writing of descriptions and interpretations of various archival materials as needed.
– Tracking and recording organization and storage of hard-copy archival materials.
– Assisting with administrative duties as needed.
– Provide coordination between Theatre Network staff, volunteers and artists as needed.
The ideal candidate will have experience with organizational and/or archival projects, strong writing and general communication skills, competent computer and Internet skills, and knowledge of Theatre Network and Edmonton’s theatre community. Knowledge of Canadian theatre history and the non-profit sector are assets. The position requires the candidate to work both independently and with the general public.
This is a 35 hr/week position for a 14-week period, from May 26 to August 29, 2014. Compensation is an hourly wage of $12.00/hr. This position is funded in part through the support of the Canada Summer Jobs program; applicants returning to full-time study in 2014/15 will be given priority.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Fawnda Mithrush – General Manager
10708 124 Street
Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 0H1
Email: [email protected]
Please submit applications by 9am on May 5th, 2014.
We thank everyone who applies, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All applications are considered in confidence.