Theatre Call for Applications
Summer Drama Day Camp 2014 Counselors
The Drama Counselors will work under the guidance of Camp Instructors to assist in Drama Day Camp execution.
Drama camp activities include the exploration of acting, improvisation, creative movement, voice, sound, storytelling, and playwriting. The goal of the program is to develop the social interaction and life skills of the participants through creative utilization of theatrical techniques. The counselors also aid the facilitation of developing a production, which is performed for friends and family on the final day of camp. Pumphouse Theatre believes in drama education that encourages creativity, freedom, and a healthy sense of play in our youth.Potential candidates MUST be available from 8:00 am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday, and are required to work during final performances.
The successful applicants will:
· Possess the ability to supervise young people between the ages of 8 – 14 and will have had previous experience in this area.
· Have an understanding of the creative theatre process and have experience and/or education in this area
· Have had at least one year of a Drama class
· Display strong communicative and interpersonal skills
· Be committed to the creative development and the theatrical education of the participants
· Know how to have fun!
· Some experience with the creative use/construction of props, costumes and sets is an asset.
· Attend first aid training.
Due to the structure of the employment grants received by the Pumphouse Theatre, applicants MUST be currently enrolled as students and are continuing their education in the fall of 2014
Time commitment is approximately 40 hours per week for 11 weeks, beginning the week of June 16 and continuing through August 31, 2014 (Monday to Friday). Final wage rate ($12.00/hr) is pending upon federal funding approval.Please respond with a cover letter and resume to Piper Goodfellow by mail, fax or e-mail (email@example.com) by May 16, 2014 with the subject heading: “Summer DDC Counselor Position”.
For camp descriptions please visit the Drama Class section of our website at www.pumphousetheatre.ca.