Cultivate Your Career!
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to grow your career in a place where people care? Here in St. Albert, our employees take pride in providing more than 60,000 residents with high-quality programs and services. A wide array of opportunities are available to suit your passion and experience. You can cultivate your career in a place where staff not only care about the work they do but also the people they work alongside.
The City of St. Albert is accepting applications for a Front of House Representative position with the Arden Theatre. The Arden Theatre welcomes more than 65,000 patrons to over 150 events annually and as the Front of House Representative you will be responsible for the execution of operational details and logistics for all front of house/audiences services when the facilities are in use.
Primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Front of House management – directly supervise box office, concession, merchandise sales staff and volunteers during events;
• Ensuring the comfort and safety of patrons and attending to all client and patron service needs and addressing issues that arise;
• Respond to first aid situations;
• Assist in recruiting and training of ushers and house managers including scheduling of volunteers.
• Completion of a High School Diploma.
• Post-secondary education in an Arts and Cultural Management Program would be an asset.
• Strong customer service skills and prior experience working with the public.
• Experience working in a theatre or arts environment.
• Volunteer management experience would be beneficial.
• Must have First Aid/CPR and ProServe certification.
Hours of Work:
This position is casual and the number of shifts can vary depending on the number of performances and events each month. The range is on average 4 – 30 hours per month. The majority of shifts are evenings and weekends, but there are occasional daytime shifts.
$17.49 – $21.28 per hour
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a clear vulnerable sector police information check.
Qualified candidates are invited to forward their cover letter and resume, quoting Competition #14/62W by April 20, 2014 to:
City of St. Albert
216-7 St. Anne Street
St. Albert, AB T8N 2X4
Online: Application Form
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.