The Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time
Communications Manager / Public Relations and Internet
The successful candidate will be an integral member of the Citadel Theatre Marketing and Communications team, reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Engage in research and development of communications materials as required for engagement with internal and external stakeholders;
• Participate in public events that promote Citadel Theatre objectives;
• Liaise with broadcast, print and on-line media as required to further the communications objectives of the Citadel Theatre;
• Manage the public relations and communications functions of the Citadel Theatre in the on-line environment, including web management, Facebook and other social media, e-newsletters and e-mail campaigns;
• Specifically have first liaison responsibilities in servicing the public relations and communications needs of the Robbins Academy (as below):
• Work with the Director of Marketing on promotional materials for all components of the Academy, including all brochures, signage and website marketing;
• Communicate with Academy Directors regularly to develop current messaging;
• Promote the Academy via social marketing, media advisories and other publicity initiatives as required;
• Manage website content for all Academy programs and initiatives;
• Manage specific communications related to the four program streams of the Robbins Academy:
o Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Development Program
o Young Companies
o Foote Theatre School
o Play Development
• Highly developed English language skills in both written and oral form, preferably with an applied knowledge of the use of English in a public relations and promotions context;
• Public relations, communications or marketing experience in a business, government or non-profit context, such that you are familiar with the writing of formal reports, media releases as well as marketing and promotional materials;
• Highly evolved web content management and social media communication skills, with a proven understanding of the strategic and tactical use of websites, social media and e-mail in a public relations and corporate communications context.
• Experience with live theatre and an understanding of the inner workings of live theatre organizations would be an asset.
• A degree or other form of accreditation achieved through study at a post-secondary institution, particularly in the discipline of the Liberal Arts or Fine Arts, also would be an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to champion best practices within social media and ability to work with multiple stakeholders to craft content that meets both business and engagement objectives
• Solid and up-to-date understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms
We offer a stimulating, developmental work environment, a competitive salary by cultural industry standards, as well as a good benefits plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources email@example.com. The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.