Call for Board Members
Evergreen Theatre is an award-winning nonprofit charity operating since 1991. We strive to create distinctive, dynamic theatrical programming that explores scientific and natural world topics through the arts, and leaves our audiences feeling connected, inspired and empowered.
Evergreen Theatre is seeking applicants for its volunteer Board of Directors, acting as a supporter/ambassador of the organization, the board and the administrative and creative staff.
• Attend board meetings (quarterly) and AGM; actively participate in the decision-making
• Prepare for each board meeting by carefully studying the agenda, minutes and
•Look for potential fundraising opportunities.
•Actively and timely respond to email communication.
•Sustain Evergreen’s vision, mission, and values.
•Participate actively in the deliberations of issues relevant to Evergreen Theatre.
• Represent Evergreen Theatre by identification as a Board Member and act as an
• Attend school shows and public events.
• Actively recruit new members.
• Attend all social events and volunteer at Casino and other fundraising events.
• Lend a hand to special projects when available.
Ideal candidates will:
– Be supporters of Calgary’s artistic community
– Have a passion for the environment and/or children’s programming
– Be able to commit the time required of a Board member
– Have strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working with people
– Have experience or interest in one or more of the following:
o Fund development
o Event planning and management
o Community engagement and outreach
o General Council
Please see our website for a complete overview of our history, mandate, and programming: www.evergreentheatre.com
If you are interested in more information about this exciting and rewarding volunteer opportunity, please send letters of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention Christina Chase-Warrier – President