Theatre Alberta is a provincial arts service organization and registered charity that proudly represents more than 1,000 theatre artists, enthusiasts, students, educators, and community and professional theatre companies from across the province. We are dedicated to encouraging the growth of theatre in Alberta by providing the highest quality programs and services:
♦ workshops and camps for teens and adults, urban and rural
♦ Canada’s largest independent fully-circulating theatre library
♦ online resource sharing services for auditions, employment, and productions
♦ theatre news, advocacy, and publications
Theatre Alberta requires three highly motivated, detail oriented, and creative workers for the following full-time summer contract positions in our Edmonton office. All applicants should be enthusiastic about theatre, enjoy dealing with people, and able to work independently and as part of a team. Preference will be given to applicants who meet the criteria for participation in Service Canada’s Summer Jobs program, including but not limited to: be between 18 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment; and have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year.
Artstrek Program Assistant
May 5 to August 22 (16 weeks)
- The Artstrek Program Assistant will provide vital support to our renowned annual theatre school for teenagers, Artstrek. Artstrek is a residential summer theatre program that has been operating in Alberta for more than 50 years, and attracts more than 300 young theatre enthusiasts from across the province and beyond each summer.
- Major tasks and responsibilities will include: student registration, including receipting payments, confirming medical information, and accepting letters of recommendation; student and parent communication; curriculum schedule coordination; materials and equipment coordination; and documentation, evaluation, and archiving.
- Excellent computer skills, especially experience with databases, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and a previous history with the Artstrek program (as a student or supervisor) will be considered assets.
- Interested individuals must be available to work onsite at Red Deer College July 2 through July 6 inclusive. Travel and accommodations will be provided.
Dramaworks Program Assistant
May 5 to August 8 (14 weeks)
- The Dramaworks Program Assistant will provide vital support to our biennial theatre school for adult learners, Dramaworks. Dramaworks is a workshop series for theatre artists from across Alberta – professionals, amateurs/hobbyists, and educators alike – that offers master classes led by international artists as well as introductory and intermediate classes led by local theatre educators and practitioners.
- Major tasks and responsibilities will include: student registration, including receipting payments; liaison with workshop instructors and students; event schedule coordination; facility, materials, and equipment coordination; and documentation, evaluation, and archiving.
- Excellent computer skills, especially experience with databases, event management experience, and marketing experience will be considered assets.
- Interested individuals must be available to work onsite at The Citadel Theatre June 30 through July 6 inclusive.
April 28 to August 15 (16 weeks)
- The Library Assistant will provide vital support to Theatre Alberta’s Library, a public collection of more than 19,000 playscripts and the largest independent and fully circulating theatre library in Canada.
- Major tasks and responsibilities will include: library material circulation to Theatre Alberta members (in person and through the postal system); assisting members in selecting materials for reading/borrowing; managing overdue materials and associated fines; collection development (researching appropriate titles for purchase); receiving and processing new acquisitions; and inventory control and maintenance.
- Excellent computer skills, excellent customer service skills, and participation in a post-secondary Library and Information Sciences program will be considered assets.
- Interested individuals must be available to work Monday evenings until 8:00pm.
To Apply: Indicating which position(s) you are most interested in and qualified for, please forward your resume with a detailed letter of interest to Keri Mitchell, Executive Director, by March 28, 2014. [email protected]
To learn more about Theatre Alberta, please visit us online at www.theatrealberta.com.
Theatre Alberta thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.