If you looking for a challenging role in a fun and dynamic not-for-profit environment, then Fringe Theatre Adventures (FTA) would like to hear from you. Reporting to the Program Director, Fringe Theatre Adventures is seeking a highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task to assist in the administration of the Program Department.
This position will work directly with FTA’s Program Director and with individual artists and arts companies that are part of the Arts at the Barns Presentation Series and the Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival. The ideal candidate will be competent in dealing with the artistic and business aspects of a professional theatre organization and demonstrate a passionate commitment to theatre and the performing arts.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Edmonton International Fringe Theatre Festival
• Working with the Program Director and Festival staff in the Program department, this position will manage the communication with Festival artists and handle all administrative duties of the department. Duties will include but not be limited to the following areas:
o Creating artist information bulletins
o Answering artist questions and tracking correspondence
o Collecting and tracking program guide, tax, financial and technical information from artists as required by various Depts. at FTA
o Working with the Marketing Department to coordinate social media and standard media opportunities for Artists and FTA
o Working with Box office to coordinate performance data, venue and ticket information
o Collecting and tracking artist payments and refunds.
• Acting as liaison between the artists and FTA staff, including working directly with Artist Services during the Festival
Arts at the Barns Presentation Series
Working with the Program Director, this position will provide administrative support for the Arts at the Barns Presentation Series, including but not limited to:
o the preparation of contracts, scheduling and program evaluation
o coordination of program information for marketing, media, and box office
o compilation of sales reports and statistical information
• Assisting with Arts at the Barns Presentation Series rehearsal needs in conjunction with Event Services
• Managing the Arts at the Barns Presentation Series School Bookings Program and promotions to schools of Theatre for Young Adults (TYA) performances
• Work with Marketing and Fund Development on the planning and execution of audience development initiatives for both the Festival and Arts at the Barns series.
Reports to: Program Director
• A degree/diploma in Arts Management, Administration OR equivalent combination of education and experience
• Experience with theatrical management, including direct experience in Arts Administration with non-profit management experience preferred
• Skilled in utilizing MS Office, particularly Excel and Word. Experience with box office systems and database environments an asset
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and sensitive work environment
• Excellent organizational and time management skills; able to prioritize and multi-task
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships by exercising tact and diplomacy
• High degree of maturity and sense of responsibility
• Very personable with a healthy sense of humour and a conscientious work ethic.
The Program Administration Coordinator will work Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm. An ability to be flexible is required as there will be some evening and weekend work necessary. There will be time off in lieu of overtime hours worked.
Mid-Level Position with a salary range of $35,000- $42,000/year based on experience and qualifications.
Interested applicants may apply by sending a detailed resume to:
Murray Utas, Program Director
Fringe Theatre Adventures
10330 84 Avenue
Edmonton AB T6E 2G9
Closing Date: March 14, 2014
Fringe Theatre Adventures is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this posting, however, only applicants considered for this position will be contacted for an interview.