Jewish Family Services
Elder Abuse Awareness Project
Socio-Drama Producer and Director
This is an outreach program that addresses elder abuse in Edmonton’s Jewish ethno-cultural community. The purpose is to develop and deliver culturally and linguistically relevant materials, programs and activities for the targeted community, as well to build capacity among service providers to prevent and respond to elder abuse.
As part of the project the Socio-Drama Director is expected to recruit 20 volunteers, carry out a minimum of five performances between April 2014 and March 2015, make a video-recording of at least one performance, and report on the number of audience members for each performance.
This is a lump-sum contract position to be paid in installments to commence immediately and to be completed by March 31, 2015. Work will be scheduled around the requirements of the position; flexible working hours and your own transport are required.
• Involved in the Edmonton performing arts community;
• Education in the fine arts is an asset;
• Understanding of senior’s issues including elder abuse;
• Excellent communication and coaching skills;
• Cultural sensitivity and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter by Monday, February 24th, 2014 to:
Jewish Family Services Edmonton
200, 10235-124 Street
Edmonton AB T5N 1P9
F: (780) 482-4784