Alberta Theatre Projects – Marketing Coordinator (Contract)
As one of Canada’s most prolific and successful producers of contemporary theatre we tell stories, stories that break barriers of time, backgrounds and opinions. It is where we poke fun at ourselves and laugh at our shortcomings, where we marvel at the human spirit, where we start to see things from different perspectives. In the welcoming oval of the Martha Cohen Theatre we tell stories about what it means to be alive right now.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Coordinator will be involved in planning and delivery of marketing and communications programs for Alberta Theatre Projects. This position requires a multi-talented high-energy, detail oriented, extremely organized individual who is capable of taking direction, handling multiple projects, sorting through conflicting priorities and completing projects on time and on budget.
• Collaborate with the Marketing and Communications Director and other members of the Communication teams to assist in achieving business objectives
• Coordinating the production and distribution of marketing materials including the house programs, postcards, posters, digital and print advertising, show and event signage and other brand building materials
• Coordinating production and distribution of a variety of e-communications including monthly e-newsletter
• Maintaining the Alberta Theatre Projects website including creation of video content
• Supporting social media channels
• Ensure brand standards are adhered to in all external and internal communications
• Maintaining and updating departmental planning documents
• Establishing and maintaining company wide processes to ensure effective and timely execution of programs within the defined budget constraints
• Degree/Diploma in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field.
• Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a marketing role
• Demonstrated experience in production and project management (ideally coordinating advertising and promotions, publications and digital media) with a proven ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadline
• Strong understanding of brand, ensuring brand integrity and alignment throughout all programs and initiatives
• Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels of the organization
• A high degree of initiative and self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to work independently
• Exceptional communication, critical thinking, problem-solving and collaboration skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, InDesign and iMovie
• Familiarity with CRM systems and online email service providers
• Understanding of the Performing Arts industry is an asset
Please ensure your letter of interest and résumé is received by Alberta Theatre Projects by email, mail or facsimile no later than 5:00 PM, February 16, 2014
Facsimile: (403) 294-7493
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.