Job Posting:Teaching Assistant
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking teaching assistants for our Year Round Theatre School programming. We are looking for experienced assistants to support teachers and students aged 6-8, 9-12 and 13-18. Assistants will support instructors during workshops, stagecraft, drama activities and act as stage manager throughout the rehearsal process and final performances.
Spring 2014 – April 5 to June 14 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
Summer Session 1 – July 7 to 18 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Summer Session 2 – July 21 to August 1 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Summer Session 3 – August 4 to 15 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Fall 2014 – September13 to November 22 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
Winter 2015 – January 10 to March 14 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
Spring 2015 – April 11 to June 20 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
*If you have worked for StoryBook Theatre in the past or have been interviewed for this position, you will not need to be interviewed again. Please send an updated resume with an email stating your interest and availability.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum two year diploma in Drama or equivalent professional experience
- Experience working with children
- High level of organization and planning skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting
- Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset
- Basic first aid is an asset
- Must be willing to submit to a police check.
We thank all interested applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to Apply
February 28, 2014
Send resumes and cover letter to:
ATTN: Theatre School Teaching Application