Job Posting:Theatre School Teacher
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking teachers for our Year Round Theatre School programming. We are looking for experienced drama teachers to instruct children ages 6-8, 9-12 and 13-18. Instructors will be responsible for teaching areas of drama and theatre such as improvisation, audition techniques, storytelling, voice, choreography among other skills. Instructors will direct the actors in a final production every ten weeks after leading them through the rehearsal process. Instructors will work closely with the teaching assistants and report directly Program Director.
Spring 2014 – April 5 to June 14 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
Summer Session 1 – July 7 to 18 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Summer Session 2 – July 21 to August 1 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
Summer Session 3 – August 4 to 15 – Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Fall 2014 – September13 to November 22 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
Winter 2015 – January 10 to March 14 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
Spring 2015 – April 11 to June 20 – Saturdays from 9am to 1pm
*If you have taught with us or have already been interviewed, you will not need to be interviewed again. Please submit your updated resume with your interest and availability for consideration.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Drama and/or Education or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum two years teaching or directing experience
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Must work well in a team setting
- Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset
- Basic first aid is an asset
- Must be willing to submit to a police check.
We thank all interested applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to Apply
February 28, 2014
Send resumes and cover letter to:
ATTN: Theatre School Teaching Application