Working under the supervision of the Festival Managing Director, the Special Event Assistant will spend half of their time planning, coordinating and overseeing special events and half of their time helping with general Festival administration.
The successful candidate will be returning to full time post secondary education in fall 2014.
Duration: June 11 through July 22, 2014 (6 weeks)
• Coordination of all on-site Group Bookings and Special Events (ie: Opening Night, Sponsor Nights, Talk Back Thursdays, etc):
o Secure equipment, rentals and catering as needed
o Train and oversee volunteers to for set up and tear down
o Ensure proactive planning and communication with other departments
o Manage scheduling
• Plan and execute all marketing activities necessary to ensure successful events.
• Develop a survey to run throughout the Festival to compile statistical audience research and feedback for the success of future Festivals.
• Office administration including acting as first office contact for public inquiries during the Festival, office filing, general correspondence and daily box office statistics and analysis.
• Assist Publicist with sponsor recognition and hospitality.
• Must be returning to full time post-secondary studies in Fall 2014
• Self-starter able to work independently with minimal direction
• Excellent time management and organisational skills
• Personable and confident communicator who is patient and positive at all times
• Strong computer skills in an Apple environment
• Attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities
• Experience with volunteers
• Marketing/web/social media skills an asset
• Flexible team player ready to contribute to other jobs as required
• Basic level of understanding of live theatre and/or festivals
• Preference given to those with an education in Business and/or Arts Administration
Hours of Work and Remuneration
At all times, the Special Event Assistant’s time will be scheduled by the Managing Director to meet the needs of the Festival. Typically, this amounts to approximately 40 hours per week based on a Tuesday through Saturday schedule with majority of the work in the afternoons and evenings. Because the nature of the position is based on the needs arising at the site, hours of work are subject to change.
The weekly rate of pay is $500.00 for a period of six weeks.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Cadence Konopaki, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for application: March 1st, 2014
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be scheduled for mid March.