Job Posting: Artistic Producer, Theatre North West
Theatre North West is pleased to invite applications for the position of Artistic Producer.
Incorporated in 1994, TNW produces and presents four plays each season in its own fully-equipped 228-seat theatre. The company has close to 3500 subscribers (one of Canada’s highest per capita) with almost all performances sold out. As the leading arts organization in the region, TNW enjoys outstanding support from one of Canada’s most enthusiastic theatre cities. Prince George is the province’s largest city north of the Thompson/Okanagan and is the regional centre for commerce, medicine, education, and government. TNW has had excellent community and regional support for the past 20 years.
The theatre has an annual operating budget of approximately $900,000+/-and is deficit free, with restricted reserve funds and an endowment. Revenue sources are diverse including funding from all three levels of government. TNW is highly assessed by the Peer Committees of the Canada Council and the BC Arts Council. A member of PACT working under the Canadian Theatre Agreement, TNW contracts artists from across Canada to work with its resident staff.
The Artistic Producer is responsible for the artistic and financial leadership of the organization. He/she will work with the Board and staff and must be committed to fulfilling the mission and policies of Theatre North West.
The ideal candidate will have the following general qualifications and skills:
• Experience in the professional Canadian theatre scene.
• A passionate commitment to regional theatre and understanding of the business of theatre production.
• Be equally competent in dealing with the artistic and business aspects of a professional theatre.
• Ability to provide inspirational leadership.
• Proven financial management and asset protection skills, with experience working within a balanced budget and maintaining a financially healthy professional theatre.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will:
• Have the artistic judgement necessary to assemble, guide, and inspire artists and practitioners to the highest standard.
• Sustain the theatre’s outstanding output of quality productions that have special relevance for the region.
• Sustain TNW’s excellent relations and communications with the audience and community at large.
• Be eager to embrace the successful programming model TNW has established for the region.
• Be experienced and skilled in working with funders.
• Believe that all Canadians deserve good art and take pride in leading a theatre that serves rural Canada.
Based on experience, salary will range from $50,000+to $60,000.
Situated on the Fraser River, Prince George is mid-way between Edmonton and Prince Rupert on the Pacific Ocean with Jasper, Alberta in the Rocky Mountains, being 375 km east. Its market area population is approximately 100,000. The community has an array of amenities and ready access to year round recreational activities along with extensive sports and educational facilities including a university and a college. The location provides an attractive standard of living and very affordable housing. To discover more about the City of Prince George, BC visit www.princegeorge.ca
Employment Application Information Process
Enclosures to be emailed in PDF format to email@example.com should include:
1. A cover letter
2. A recent resume
3. The names and contact details of three professional references
• Note: references will be receive in confidence, and will be contacted
Application deadline is February 28, 2014. We thank all those who apply. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.