Job Description: The Volunteer Coordinator is traditionally responsible for coordinator and serving both cast and event volunteers. It combines the part time jobs of Food Services Coordinator, FOH Manager and Volunteer Coordination. Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
FOOD SERVICES COORDINATOR – The FSC is responsible for planning and preparing meals for our volunteer actors and staff (up to 180 people) throughout the rehearsal period. Meals Served (subject to change):
– Welcome BBQ- Friday, May 17
– Lunches- Saturdays (approx 1:00-2:00pm) from May 18 to July 6 (8 meals)
– Light snack- Saturday
– Brunches- Sunday (approx 11:00-11:45am) from May 19 to July 7 (8 meals)
– Left over Monday for staff
– Dress rehearsal dinner: Sunday, July 7 (approx 5:00-6:00pm)
– Opening Night BBQ- Thursday, July 11 (approx 9:30pm)
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR – Volunteer coordinators are employed to be responsible for the overall management of volunteer programs including recruiting, screening, managing and training a volunteer staff. Duties include:
– Recruit, train and orientate the front of house volunteers for the Passion Play. This includes but is not limited to ushers, ticket people, first aid, concession, gift shop, car parkers, and golf cart drivers.
– Assign area leaders and train them
– Oversee all activities of show day volunteers
– Create schedules and contacting volunteers regarding available opportunities, upcoming events and ongoing activities
– Maintain the database of volunteers, their duties and their hours of work
– Create reports for management and to provide recommendations and changes that would be beneficial for the volunteer program and organization
– Organize the volunteer discount cards
– Facilitate/organize/oversee work-bees including full day work bees (Monday, May 20 and – – – – Monday, July 1) and mini work bees on Saturday and Sunday afternoons
– Facilitate/organize volunteer appreciate events
– Facilitate/organize volunteer recognition awards
– Other associated duties as required.
FRONT OF HOUSE MANAGER – The House manager is responsible for the care and well-being of the audience and the areas of the theatre that the audience uses. The House Manager is assisted by, and in charge of, the Ushers. His/her responsibilities include:
⁃ Making sure the house (seating area and lobby) are ready for the audience,
⁃ Supervising the taking of tickets, seating of audience
⁃ Informing the Stage Manager when the audience is in place,
⁃ Overseeing the intermission, including refreshments, music, etc… Also responsible for FOH announcements returning audience to seats and Informing the Stage Manager when the audience is successfully reseated
⁃ Supervising the safe and efficient exiting of the audience when the show is over,
⁃ Supervising the superficial clean-up of the house (picking up discarded playbills, tickets, cups and refreshment wrappers, etc.) after the audience has left.
⁃ Other associated duties as required.
This position is a Contract Position based on eleven, 4 day work weeks, on site in Drumheller AB, from Mid May – Late July.
Please submit digital resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 30th, 2014. If there are any questions do not hesitate to contact the email listed above.