Venue Coordinator – Heritage Amphitheatre & Shumka Stage (Up to 11 Months)
Job Number: 15485
This is a temporary full time position for approximately 8 months and may continue in a part-time capacity up to 11 months in duration.
Amplify your summer by building relationships with hundreds of people and facilitating all types of exciting events that take place at the Heritage Amphitheatre (William Hawrelak Park) and Shumka Stage (Louise McKinney Riverfront Park). Events range from festivals and events, dance performances, weddings, graduations, corporate parties and much more!
As a Venue Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to meet new people every day and experience a variety of events and concerts this summer, all while working in the sunny, vibrant river valley! Maximize your potential by using your detail oriented skills to contribute to the success of many large events! In this role you will:
• Coordinate the use of the Heritage Amphitheatre and Shumka Stage for festivals and events
• Identify and mitigate potential impacts to Hawrelak Park and Louise McKinney Riverfront Park in general
• Act as a resource and contact person to event staff, volunteers and user groups
• Maintain all workflow around rentals and bookings within CLASS bookings system
• Assist clients with event logistical planning and civic service requirements.
• Consultation with clients regarding contracts.
• Respond to and manage a high volume of phone and email inquiries.
• Meeting and consulting with clients both on and off-site and provide excellent customer service
• Onsite festival support (including weekends and some evenings)
• Provide supervision, training, guidance and direction to custodial, operations staff, event staff and hosts, volunteers and other personnel as needed for the operations of both venues
• Maintain statistical data and provide regular reports using CLASS Bookings system
• Maintain relevant inventory and stock as required
• Schedule equipment, groups, special event staff and volunteers
• Manage the operational budget for the venues
• Prepare statistics and program evaluations
• Other duties as assigned
To visualize what it is like to be on our team, visit The City of Edmonton Recreation Talent Hub.
• Degree or Diploma in Recreation, Leisure, Theatrical or Art Production or other related discipline
• Minimum one (1) year of experience in event or theatrical production, or facility operations is required
• Some experience managing an operational budget and revenue charges.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and provide effective leadership to staff, volunteers and user groups
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain genuine relationships with all stakeholders
• Demonstrated ability to organize resources and provide logistical suport for large scale (up to 3500 people), multi-day events and festivals
• Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Mail
• Experience with CLASS bookings software is an asset
• Current Standard First Aid and CPR Level C are required prior to commencing employment
• Applicants will be required to have access to a vehicle when required and where appropriate will be reimbursed in accordance with the City of Edmonton policy. This may require the applicant to obtain business use auto insurance
• Possession of a valid Class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operators License and eligibility to obtain a City drivers permit
• Obtaining a clear Police Information Check will be required before starting in the position. The new hire will be required to obtain this check from Edmonton Police Services. A clear Certified Criminal Record Check from a local RCMP detachment will also be accepted.
Hours of Work: Must be available for evening and weekend work.
March 1 – April 13: Part time – Up to 25 hours per week. April 14 – September 30: Full time – 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. September 30 on: Part time – Up to 25 hours per week.
Salary Range: 21B, Salary Grade: 014, $23.375 – $29.334 (Hourly). The rates quoted are in accordance with a collective agreement between the Union and the City of Edmonton. This union contract is currently under negotiation.
• Applicants may be tested.
• Civic Service Union 52 members are asked to send a copy of their application to the union office
• The City of Edmonton thanks applicants for their interest in this opportunity. Candidates considered for the position will be contacted
• We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals
The Province of Alberta is a party to the federal Agreement on Internal Trade, the Trade, Investment and Labour Mobility Agreement with British Columbia, and the New West Partnership Trade Agreement with British Columbia and Saskatchewan. All of these agreements promote labour mobility between the provinces. Applicants may obtain information regarding recognition of extra provincial credentials at www.newwestpartnershiptrade.ca
Recruitment Consultant: JA/AL
Classification Title: Recreation Technician III
Posting Date: January 10, 2014
Closing Date – 11:00 p.m. MST on: January 20, 2014
Number of Openings (up to): 1 – Temporary Part-time
Union : CSU 52
Department: Civic Events Office (Community Services)
Work Location(s): CN Tower, 14th Floor, 10004 – 104 Ave, Edmonton T5J 0K1
Want to apply? Need more details? Visit www.edmonton.ca/careers
Use our easy online system to complete all application requirements immediately and efficiently.
Applicants applying by fax (780)496-8063 or by mail/drop-off at the Employment Centre, Main Floor, City Hall, #1 Sir Winston Churchill Square, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, will be forwarded necessary application documents.