The 27th Annual Mayor’s Celebrate of the Arts
Call for Submissions
(January 6, 2014 – Edmonton) – Mayor Don Iveson and the Professional Arts Coalition of Edmonton (PACE) are pleased to announce the 27th Annual Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts on Monday, April 28, 2014 at Winspear Centre.
The Mayor’s Celebration of the Arts showcases Edmonton’s vibrants arts and culture industry by bringing together the business community, artists, media and arts appreciators to honour the valuable contributions Edmonton artists and arts champions make to our city. A portion of the proceeds from this year’s event will be donated to the Music Enrichment Program, which provides quality, affordable, group instruction in violin, viola, cello and double bass, including the opportunity to play in Enrichment Orchestras, to students of the greater Edmonton area.
Nominations are now being accepted online. The top six nominations will be considered in each of the following categories:
- Mayor’s Award for Innovative Support by a Business for the Arts
- Mayor’s Award for Sustained Support of the Arts
- John Poole Award for Promotion of the Arts
- ACTO Gas Award for Outstanding Lifetime Achievement
- DIALOG Award for Excellence in Artistic Direction
- Syncrude Award for Excellence in Arts Management
- Northlands Emerging Artist Award
- Ambassador of the Arts Award
- Courage to Innovate Award
- Youth Award
Nominations forms and applications information can be found online at: mayorscelebration.com/nominate
Please note: nominations may only be filed online.
Nomination deadline is 4:30pm on Friday, February 14, 2014.