The Friends of Fort Steele are currently seeking a Theatre Manager.
The Theatre Manager will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of facility management and program development of historic entertainment for Fort Steele Heritage Town and the Wild Horse Theatre. Additionally the manager will be responsible for overseeing the theatre department, for supervision of all staff and volunteers. The Theatre Manager will also act as the Technical Director for the Wild Horse Theatre.
Successful candidates will have:
• Post-secondary certification/education in theatre or equivalent experience working in theatre.
• At least 5 years’ experience working within a live theatre setting
• Extensive experience working with directors, designers, promoters, producers, actors, technicians, management and volunteers
• Facility management experience an asset
• Working knowledge of lighting (traditional and digital), sound, rigging (including fly-rail) and special effects equipment and operation thereof
• Knowledge of set design and construction, stage properties and wardrobe
• Management/Supervisory/Administrative experience.
• Computer proficiency in a Windows environment
• Requires excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Requires collaborative and team focused work style
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to Tracy Pound, Manager of Human Resources and Volunteer Services at email@example.com. For more information or a detailed job description please visit our website at www.fortsteele.ca
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a criminal record check.
Closing date: January 3, 2014 by 4:00 p.m.