Citadel Theatre, one of Canada’s largest and busiest professional, not-for-profit theatre companies and facilities, has an opening for a full-time
Social Media Specialist/Robbins Academy Communications Coordinator
This position has two components:
Component One: Social Media Specialist (approx.50% of time)
We want an experienced and savvy Social Media Specialist who creates engaging content and will manage relations with the Citadel`s on-line communities. Your objectives are to expand our reach and increase our connection to our supporters and the greater community for the purposes of marketing our productions, cultivating audience, and fundraising.
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for developing content consistent with the Citadel`s strategic initiatives and promoting engagement within our social community. You are expected to make recommendations and decisions to ensure the correct investment, timing, messaging and integration between campaigns in order to maximize impact and efficiencies within social media and the overall marketing and communications team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• providing strategic input in the planning process to grow the Citadel`s social media presence and lead the execution of plans and strategy
• executing day-to-day content across multiple social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
• creating and distributing a weekly e-newsletter
• creating and distributing daily reminder e-mails to customers in advance of performances, and follow-up e-mails containing customer satisfaction surveys
• leading social media conversations and management of on-line communities
• setting up and executing on-line, interactive components of Citadel events when required
• developing content plans through collaboration with departments within the Citadel, as well as leveraging user-generated content and relevant news media and trends
• building and maintaining relationships with key online influencers (i.e. bloggers and celebrities)
• regular reporting of social media activities. This includes identifying what needs to be tracked and measured, regularly reporting data and providing analysis and recommendations based on performance.
• developing new initiatives and strategies to increase social media presence and to support organizational goals
Component Two: Communications Coordinator, Robbins Academy (approx. 50% of time)
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to serve as the publicity and promotions coordinator for the Robbins Academy for Creative Development. The successful candidate will ensure retention and growth of current support for Robbins Academy programs and will identify new participation opportunities in order to increase revenue.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Working with the Director of Marketing on promotional materials for all components of the Academy, including all brochures, signage and website marketing.
• Communicating with Academy Directors regularly to develop current messaging.
• Promotion of the Academy via social marketing, media advisories and other publicity initiatives as required.
• Website content for all Academy programs and initiatives.
• Specific activities related to the four program streams of the Robbins Academy:
o Citadel/Banff Centre Professional Development Program
o Young Companies
o Foote Theatre School
o Play Development
• Other duties as required.
• University Degree, preferably with Marketing or Communications focus
• Minimum 3 years marketing experience, preferably in marketing or public relations
• Minimum 1 years’ experience specifically in social media (strategy, content creation, community management, social media marketing)
• A strong communicator and content creator with the ability to write blog posts and material for social media channels
• Experience with social listening, analytics, and management tools
• Demonstrated ability to champion best practices within social media and ability to work with multiple stakeholders to craft content that meets both business and engagement objectives
• Solid and up-to-date understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms
We offer a stimulating, developmental work environment, a competitive salary by cultural industry standards, as well as a good benefits plan.
Please email your cover letter and resume to:
Marianne Bouthillier, Associate Executive Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 2, 2013.
The Citadel Theatre is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your application but only those chosen for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls please.