Audition Call For Artists’ Collective Theatre
Spring Awakening (Musical) – Book and Lyrics by Steven Sater – Music by Duncan Sheik
Run: April 18 to May 3 (possibility of a one-week extension)
Audition Date: November 1st, 2nd and 4th, 2013, Callback Date TBA
Women: sing “Mama who bore me”, 16 bars of another song of their choice, and 1-1.5 min dramatic monologue.
Men: sing “Dont Do Sadness”, 16 bars of another song of their choice, and 1-1.5 min dramatic monologue.
Location: Calgary TBA
Deadline to Submit: October 29th, 2013
Email applications to: Amanda@acttheatre.ca
Contact name: Amanda Cutting
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engager Website: www.acttheatre.ca
Musical Direction: Susan Lexa
Director: Amanda Liz Cutting
Please email your head shot, cover-letter and resume to the above contact with subject line “Attention: Spring Awakening Audition”. Please note your interest in specific roles.
The Children ( plays 13-16) Open to actors 16 to 24
- Melchior Gabor, headstrong, handsome, and charismatic. He knows much more than the others because of what he reads in books and is able to see the corruption in society.
- Moritz Stiefel, tenor, Melchior’s intense and nervous best friend. He feels intense pressure from his parents and his peers to succeed.
- Wendla Bergmann, Soprano, a naive young girl who has limited knowledge about adult relationships. She is a childhood friend of the boys. She has a romantic and sexual connection with Melchior.
- Ilse Neumann, Mezzo, another childhood friend who runs away from an abusive home to become a Bohemian.
- Hänschen Rilow, Tenor, a very humorous, and almost arrogant classmate.
- Ernst, Tenor, a naive classmate. He is Hanschen’s love interest.
- Martha Bessell, Alto, one of Wendla’s friends who is abused by her father.
- Georg Zirschnitz, Tenor, another classmate who lusts after his older, busty piano teacher.
- Otto Lammermeier, Tenor another classmate who has a dream about his mother.
- Thea, Mezzo, a school girl and Wendla’s best friend.
- Anna, Alto, a school girl and Martha’s best friend.
The Adults ( ages 30+)
- One Man for multiple roles
- One Woman for multiple roles
Performers cast in this production will be paid.
This production features scenes with nudity for two of the characters
Only selected artists will be contacted in order to schedule an audition time.
Auditions are open to Equity and non- Equity members.