Kay Meek Centre for the Performing Arts, West Vancouver
The Kay Meek Centre in West Vancouver seeksan experienced full time Executive Director. Since opening its doors on November 6, 2004, the Kay Meek Centre has grown and developed into a cultural jewel for West Vancouver and the North Shore. In early 2012, the Board of Directors approved a new Strategic Plan for 2012-2017 to reflect the evolution of the organization. Our mission is “to produce, provide and present excellent performing arts experiences and opportunities for our community and beyond.”With the recent addition ofTheatreK, a professional theatre operation, the organization is poised to make significant progress towards achievement of its mission.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for providing overall operational/administrative leadership and strategic direction for the Kay Meek Centre. Working in close collaboration with an Artistic Director, the ED will lead a team of staff and volunteers to implement the artistic vision of the Centre.The ED will liaise with community and municipal stakeholders and engage the support of the community to ensure that multi-year plans and projects are developed for, and strategically aligned with, the organization.The ED will be a team player and will beresponsible for the financial, administrative, and marketing oversight of all Kay Meek Centre programs, events and fundraising activities. As a public face of the organization (with the Artistic Director), the ED will play a key role in maintaining and enhancing the Kay MeekCentre brand and awareness in this culturally diverse community.
• Accountable for overall leadership of the Kay Meek Centre. Implements the vision and mission and strategic direction developed and approved by the Board of Directors.
• Collaborates with the Artistic Director and supports the development of artistic programming by providingstrategic, budgetary and operational direction and oversight.
• Ensures that the organization is effectively structured and staffed and is responsible for the hiring, evaluating, and discharging of all non-artistic staff and contract personnel.
• Plans, organizes, and administers all Kay Meek Centre activities and operations in collaboration with the Artistic Director, staff, contractors, and volunteers.
• Oversees developing the annual operating budget, fund development, and the organization’s financial operations.
Skills and Experience
• Relevant educational background in Arts, Business Administration, or related field.
• Seasoned leader with a proven track record of success in arts and/or theatre management.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Proven experience in working with volunteer groups, including a volunteer Board of Directors.
• Experience working with youth and with culturally diverse groups.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment with a small staff.
• Proven track record in fundraising and success in building relationships withmajor donors and sponsors.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including grant writing.
• Proficiency in computer use and sector-related management software programs.
• Astute in office administration, finance and budgeting processes and procedures.
Salary and Benefits to be negotiated, commensurate with experience.
Further detail on the position can be found at http://kaymeekcentre.com/the_centre/news
Interested candidates please send CV/Resume and a Covering Letter by November 15, 2013 to Paul Tutsch, Chair of the Board, at PaulTutsch@kaymeekcentre.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.