Assistant Stage Manager
Keyano Theatre Company in Fort McMurray, Alberta is seeking an assistant stage manager for their musical production of Les Miserables.
Keyano Theatre Company is a community based theatre company within Keyano College. The company functions with professional artistic teams with community actors.
Responsibilities of this position will include:
• During the rehearsal period, the ASM operates as the Stage Manager’s assistant helping set up and strike rehearsal furniture and props, taking down line notes, prompting actors, etc. as per the SM’s instructions
• during Technical, Dress Rehearsals and performances, the ASM is responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the backstage area
• the ASM/ is stationed backstage and supervises and/or participates in all scenery changes and any props and/or costume changes as needed
• assisting the director during rehearsals
• communicating with cast and crew and theatre administration
• The successful candidate will be creative, curious and passionate about theatre.
• 2 year diploma in technical theatre or equivalent experience.
• A positive attitude and ability to multitask, take initiative, and work independently.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Enjoying working with large community casts.
• He/she has extensive stage management experience and is able to work well under pressure.
• Creative problem solving ability.
• A valid Driver’s license an asset.
• Canadian Citizen or permanent Resident.
Contract period – Jan 2nd through to Feb 23rd
Amount – $6000.00 ($750.00 per week for 8 weeks)
Accommodation – Provided (room rented with local family or college housing)
Please Send Resume and cover letter to:
Keyano theatre Company