EDMONTON SPACE & SCIENCE FOUNDATION
Manager, Giant Screen Theatre
(Out of Scope)
The Theatre Manager is responsible for the overall management, operation and programming of the Giant Screen Theatre. The Manager is expected to provide leadership within the local community to promote, publicize and communicate the mission, vision, and theatre programming of TELUS World of Science Edmonton. The Manager will be responsible for developing an effective economic operating model for the Theatre. This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager is responsible for general operations which include the following:
• Build relationships and liaise within the theatre programming community on behalf of the organization.
• Lead and motivate a team of staff to deliver high standards of visitor care including; safety, security, customer service, facility presentation and housekeeping consistent with organizational standards.
• Work collaboratively with Bookings & Rentals and other internal departments to ensure consistent and seamless service to visitors as well as consistent and effective operating procedures and schedules are upheld.
• Prepare and present ideas/budgets/plans of possible programming initiatives for TELUS World of Science-Edmonton.
• Assist with the negotiations of contracts for major projects. This position oversees the implementation of the strategies and tactics for each project.
• Finance Management: develop and manage budgets for productions, programs, and general operations; resolve short-term and long-term fiscal challenges.
• Ensure the venue generates a positive revenue source that supplements other mission related programming.
• Program Management: facilitate communication with venues, partners, and personnel; participate in the effective implementation of all events, programs, and productions.
• In conjunction with Marketing and other internal departments, explore opportunities for marketing the facility and its programming.
• Ensure the facility meets programming requirements; inspect and perform equipment and system maintenance and refurbishing as needed and is capable of delivering programming that is compliant with GSCA standards.
• Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a suitable combination of education, training and/or experience in the arts or theatre management with an emphasis on theatre management skills, experience and technical background in performance staging.
Knowledge and Abilities
• Self-motivated, forward thinking and ambitious leader
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communications skills.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
• Able to motivate and supervise staff effectively
• Proven customer service skills
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Familiarity with the theatre community
• Proficiency in computer use and related software and programs
Education and Experience
In addition the following competencies/qualifications are required:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Business, Recreation or other related field or a combination of progressively diverse and proven experience and education in related fields.
• Five to seven years of progressive experience in arts, marketing, programming and/or theatre management.
Hours of Work: 75 hours bi-weekly
Salary: Please indicate salary expectations on accompanying cover letter.
Opening date: August 22, 2013
Closing date: Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected
How to Apply: TELUS World of Science-Edmonton
11211 142 Street Edmonton, AB T5M 4A1
Attention: Human Resources
or e-mail email@example.com
We thank all applicants and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.