Arts Advocacy Initiative Coordinator, APAC (Alberta Partners in Arts & Culture)
$2500 contract (estimate: $20/hour, 125 hours)
APAC is a coalition of 12 provincial arts service organizations and cultural industry associations. We are seeking a coordinator to organize and execute an arts advocacy campaign with Alberta Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs) in the autumn of 2013.
The campaign will see meetings set between Alberta’s 87 MLAs in their home constituencies with volunteers from the arts community. The volunteers will deliver key messages about the importance of arts and culture in Alberta as well as develop rapport between our elected representatives and the cultural sector.
Working under the supervision of the advocacy sub-committee of APAC, the successful applicant will:
· Develop and disseminate key message materials electronically to initiative volunteers,
· Schedule meetings with initiative volunteers and constituency offices,
· Develop feedback survey for participants and produce a final report.
The successful contractor must be based in Alberta and have access to his or her own office equipment, technology, telecommunications and supplies.
· Familiarity with the arts community in Alberta,
· Professional written and oral communication skills,
· Established computer skills,
· Organized, deadline oriented, and the ability to work with limited supervision.
Application Deadline: Monday, September 16, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Send resume and cover letter by e-mail to: email@example.com