Theatre School Teacher
StoryBook Theatre is currently seeking teachers for our Year Round Theatre School programming. We are looking for experienced drama teachers to instruct children ages 6-8, 9-12 and 13+ in our year round classes. Instructors will be responsible for teaching areas of drama and theatre such as improvisation, audition techniques, storytelling, voice, choreography among other skills. Instructors will direct the actors in a final production every ten weeks after leading them through the rehearsal process. Instructors will work closely with the teaching assistants and report directly to the Theatre School Program Coordinator.
SINGLE SESSION CONTRACTS
Fall – September14 – November 23 (Final show on the last day of classes. Time TBD)
Winter – January 11- March 22 (Final show on the last day of classes. Time TBD)
Spring – April 5- June 14 (Final show on the last day of classes. Time TBD)
Junior (6-8 yrs): 10am-12pm
Intermediate (9-12 years): 10am-12:30pm
Senior (13+): 10am-1pm
*If you have taught with us or have already been interviewed, you will not need to be interviewed again. Please submit your updated resume with your interest and availability for consideration.
Deadline to Apply
August 19, 2013
Send resumes and cover letter to:
ATTN: Jacqueline Strilchuk, Theatre School Program Coordinator
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Drama and/or Education or equivalent professional experience
• Minimum two years teaching or directing experience
• Strong instructional and classroom management skills
• High level of personal organization and planning
• Strong Interpersonal skills
• Must work well in a team setting
• Knowledge of technical theatre is an asset
• Basic first aid is an asset
• Must be willing to submit to a police check.
We thank all interested applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.