Position: Box Office Manager
Description:The Box Office Manager is responsible for overseeing and performing all aspects of ticket sales, show time organization, and day to day office administrative operations.
Terms of Employment: Full-time (40+ hours a week) Monday to Friday 9:00am-5:30pm, some weekends and evenings required during show dates.
- Process sales of tickets, donations and gift certificates using TheatreManager ticketing software over the phone and in person. Assist patrons with online sales
- Answer patron queries and concerns over the phone and via email
- Maintain accurate cash sales
- Maintain a professional demeanour while working with other staff, volunteers and patrons, always striving for the highest level of customer service. Will have a strong knowledge of all presentations being sold through the box office
- Performing sales, managing, and organizing tickets at will call, and making sure all box office and front of house operations are ready to go on show days
- Manage and schedule a small number of staff members, and a small group of volunteers
- Various other administrative duties as required
- Excellent communication and customer service skills, and outstanding intrapersonal skills
- Strong computer skills, and ability to learn a new ticketing system (previous experience working with TheatreManager ticketing system an asset)
- Ability to problem solve under pressure
- Extremely strong organizational skills, and time management skills a necessity
- Usage of a vehicle an asset
- Has a well-rounded personality with a strong sense for professionalism, and ability to work in a team environment
How to Apply: To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 10, 2013. Please list the position you are applying for in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.