Calgary Young People’s Theatre is a not-for-profit organization that prides itself on providing numerous development opportunities to young people to explore the performing arts and develop their creativity and team work skills.
We aim to inspire and encourage the next generation of the theatre community by providing a safe and creative space where young people can freely express themselves and their ideas. Through this we hope to foster in them a strong sense of community, passion and appreciation for the arts.
Calgary Young People’s Theatre is currently seeking an admin assistant to help out with day to day operations of the company.
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
-processing registrations for fall, winter classes, productions and camp
– updating and supporting social media channels to assist in promotion
-will answer to Artistic Director and General Manager
This position will start out part time and increase to 3 hours a week in February 2014.
Monday September 23, 2013
September 2013 – January 2014: 3 days a week (to be determined) 10:00am-4:00pm
In February 2014, hours will increase to 30 hours per week, Monday – Friday 10:00am-4:00pm
*Please note that some evening and weekends are required during productions and final class performances.
– Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated success in team work
– Strong self discipline and the ability to self manage
– Sound judgment and strategic decision making abilities
– Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to work to tight deadlines and sudden changes without getting flustered
– A desire to work with creative and collaborative teams
– Some knowledge in Grant Writing preferred, but not required
Monday September 9, 2013
Interviews will be conducted the following week.
Please submit a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those who will be considered for the position will be contacted for an interview.
We thank you for your interest.